"Go quietly, Carry little."

Poetry, quotations, personal reflections from a lover of the wilderness, a lover of the silence....


Wednesday, October 8, 2008

"Nothing is ever as good or as bad as it seems." --Haley Barbour, governor of Mississippi

True words and wisdom worth remembering.

3 comments:

  1. Really? Do you believe the part about nothing being as good? I'd have to disagree with that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Val,
    I do, in fact, believe the statement to be true as it stands. In my own experience, no thing, no person, no situation has ever turned out to be as unadulteratedly good as I may have initially thought it to be. All things tarnish sooner or later. With humans all things are flawed and impure.

    That is my belief.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, things and people are absolutely flawed and impure but the our spirits are not. I have felt pure joy before and I have had glimpses of peace. These moments were Real in every sense of the word and although they are fleeting, their inherent goodness has not tarnished.

    ReplyDelete