"Go quietly, Carry little."

Poetry, quotations, personal reflections from a lover of the wilderness, a lover of the silence....


Monday, June 8, 2009

Just to say thank you

This simple thank you to all of my readers and commenters was inspired by the great discussion on my previous post. This is certainly not the first time there have been such discussions in the comment space....

One of the strengths/weaknesses of my particular wiring is that I like to make people think deeply about things. (Hmmm, maybe I wish to infect everyone else with my own "disease"? ;) And often here on this blog, I float some half baked, incomplete thought out there for consideration, perhaps things that I am thinking about, that I have not formed a firm opinion about (and perhaps never will), or something that I hope will provoke...just a bit. I try to be a gentle provoker....

And many times here when I have floated these half baked thoughts, many of you have offered wisdom, insight, and your own provocations to my thinking. On many occasions you have taken my prompts for pondering and worthwhile discussions have come about in the comment space.

And I am very grateful. I count myself fortunate to have the thoughtful readers and commenters that come to this blog.

Thank you. Thank you all for reading, for offering your thoughts, for listening....

Peace to you all

7 comments:

  1. Forest,
    For me, this is the hypnotic effect of blogging. It offers me the opportunity to "hear" others think out loud and these kernels of thought provoke me to think on a myriad of topics and issues anew.

    As a personal aside, I am forever grateful that I have made your acquaintance in this virtual realm. Your ponderings almost always strike some chord in me, often a deep chord that may reverberate for days. I've also tried to draw some strength from your gentle manner and, through connecting with you, I think I've become a bit more gentle in my approach as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. RT,
    I am humbled and honored by your words here. Thank you.

    Let me say in return that I have learned much from you, and that I greatly value your blog and your insights, because you always make me think. I too, am very glad for your acquaintance.
    Peace to you

    ReplyDelete
  3. fw, I see you as a facilitator who offers a safe place for one deep to connect with another or many. I hope you realize what a gift this is to others. Thank you :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. FW don't worry about your disease spreading through this virtual reality, I already have the disease in its chronic form :)

    Your blog is a great testament to the art of enquiry and eternal curiosity about the natural world.
    And as such, I always enjoy visiting your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Flandrumhill,
    Again I am humbled by these words...and coming from someone who ponders much as deeply as I know that you do from your blog....

    Gleaner,
    Thank you for the reassurance. :)
    I'm not too worried though. :)

    Thank you both (and RT too!) so much for your faithful presence here and your frequent comments. You make me want to keep doing this. :)

    Peace

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are most certainly welcome :)

    ReplyDelete