"Only after the last tree has been cut down, only after the last river has been poisoned, only after the last fish has been caught, only then, will you find that money cannot be eaten." ~Cree Prophecy


One of my dearest hopes is that our new president will make the environment and climate change a priority.
I just wrote a really long comment, but deleted it.
ReplyDeleteSo, here is the short version:
I agree.
You make me wonder why you deleted the comment.
ReplyDeleteBut thank you, Val, for the comment that you did leave. :)
Rumour has it that Robert Kennedy Jr. will be EPA Chair in the new administration. If that comes to pass, you'll get your wish.
ReplyDeleteBarbara,
ReplyDeleteI confess that I am not that familiar with Robert Kennedy Jr., but I'll take your word for it. :)
I don't have much confidence in my long-windedness. Short, sweet, and to the point is more comfortable for me.
ReplyDeleteBrilliant. So good. And an extra little amen too.
ReplyDeleteVal,
ReplyDeleteAhhhm I see. Well, thanks for clearing that up for me. And I am glad for the short, sweet, and to the point that you offer here. :)
Swan,
So good to see your name here.
Much love to you. :)
Bobby Kennedy Jr. is a pit bull for environmental causes. He has that Bobby Kennedy tenacity and sharpness.
ReplyDeleteI am very glad to hear that. Exactly what we need.
ReplyDeleteVery apropos.
ReplyDeleteThank you for your visit (and comment) to my site.
It seems we may have a similar outlook on the natural world!
Nina,
ReplyDeleteAnd thank you for your visit in return. What an honor. :)
It's ironic that part of what brought him to us is the financial situation that he will have to concentrate on in his first days in office.
ReplyDeleteBut I agree with others, if he appoints RFK Jr it will be a great day. FW, his website is here:
http://www.robertfkennedyjr.com/
It is an awful thought that this prophecy may come true, that it might really come down to this. It seems that every day I hear about another industry legally taking huge chances with our environment, just to make another buck.
ReplyDeleteMercy.