"Go quietly, Carry little."

Poetry, quotations, personal reflections from a lover of the wilderness, a lover of the silence....


Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Ray of Hope



That's how I feel this morning. Like a ray of hope has come...

The magnitude of this day cannot be overstated. A nation that was built upon the enslavement of black people has elected a black president. A nation in which just 40 or 50 years ago there was racial apartheid, has elected a black president. This is absolutely huge.... It gives me hope that there can be change.

And for the first time in 8 years I'll be able to say again that I am proud to be an American....

10 comments:

  1. You have a lot to be proud of today. Thanks for voting, and hoping. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was thinking of you all last night as the returns came in. Never doubt the power of hope.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you my dear Canadian friends, for your support. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am overwhelmed. I really am.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes Val. I'm still feeling it all from last night. Still sinking in....

    And your state is still undecided right now, right?

    ReplyDelete
  6. They won't call it yet but all the precincts have been counted and Obama is ahead by about 11, 000 votes.

    I'd say we are bleeding Carolina Blue today. And that is a really good feeling!
    : )

    ReplyDelete
  7. Something you probably didn't think possible....
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. And those of us from overseas are delighted that you guys are proud to be Americans - today, you should be, you did a great and historic thing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cried my eyes out last night, too. Seeing his family alongside the Bidens on that stage in Grant Park -- what an image!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you Tess and Barbara. I am so glad that the world can share our joy.

    ReplyDelete