...I seem to have gotten my duct tape wish (if a "wish" its was), but not in a way that I anticipated, certainly not in any way that I would have wanted.
I've not been able to speak much at all owing to having lost my voice...and having hacked up a lung. Let's see, where is that lung anyway; it must be around here somewhere....
I hear the whole metro has been hit hard with this nasty infection, whatever it is.
I had a couple of posts of promise under construction and now I try to return to them and find the train of creative thought seems to have derailed. Not the first time that's ever happened to me, and I'm sure not the last either.
I am feeling well enough--I think--to return to work today. After a forced couple of days in bed, life gets slowly back on track. Emphasis on the slowly, I think....
Wednesday, December 3, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I thought I saw a bit of lung in central London this morning - d'you think it could have travelled that far??
ReplyDeletePoor you, feel better soon!
I recommend multiple bowls of chicken soup, several hot toddys, a good book (nothing serious or thought-provoking, just a mindless, plot-driven chunk of genre fiction) a warm, comfortable bed, and the willingness to become one with the lesser vegetables for a few days.
ReplyDeleteGet well, my friend. The blogosphere needs you. And, hey, look at it this way...you've got your sick out of the way early and can now enjoy the holidays.
Tess,
ReplyDeleteAs always I love your sense of humor. :)
As hard as I have been coughing a lung landing in central London would not surprise me. :) Thank you for your sympathy and well wishes.
Grizzled,
Chicken soup--check.
Several hot toddys--check.
A non-thought provoking book--Hmmm, not sure if I can comply with that one. I seem to be somewhat allergic to non-thought provoking literature. ;)
A warm comfortable bed--check.
Willingness to become one with the lesser vegetables--check (By the way, which vegetables are the "lesser" vegetables? :)
I hope you're right about getting the sick out of the way early. I certainly wouldn't want any recurrences. I don't know about the blogosphere needing me....
You continue to enchant me with your way with words, Grizzled. Thank you. :)
Much peace to the both of you.
Grizzled,
ReplyDeletePS So, I got 4 out of 5 anyway....
Grizzled's advice sounds good! I'd add a daily dose of Vitamin D; it's supposed to be good for the immune system.
ReplyDeleteTake care, and I look forward to reading more of your wisdom when you are feeling better!
Hey, there's a perfectly logical reason behind the book-selection theory...
ReplyDeleteThe idea here is not to READ but REST. Mindless entertainment is always the best choice. It's scientifically proven to induce sleep, or at least near-comatose numbness.
Also, you're not missing much of anything if/when you do nod off, therefore no regrets when you get well and can't remember the plot, characters, or a single worthwhile line or thought. So, no post-illness guilt, or re-do reads.
Last, why waste a good book when you can't bring your best to its perusal? Would you want someone reading your stuff who was running a temperature, hacking every other minute, loopy from OTC flu meds and hot toddys, nodding off or wanting to nod off, and stressed from losing that lung? Nope, didn't think so.
Ergo, entertainment fiction! Save the meaty stuff for later.
GET WELL!
Deb,
ReplyDeleteThank you so much! :)
Grizzled. I understand your logic. Ever too serious type (or so I'm sometimes told) that I am I've just been sleeping and foregoing reading completely for the last couple of days. I find it difficult to bring myself to waste my always too limited reading time on "pulp."
But that's just me. :)
I appreciate everyone's well wishes. :)
I'm on the mend.
There was some lung in the trash can over at Ox Herding today. Yours?
ReplyDeleteBarry
Yeah, I'm pretty sure that one's mine. Thanks, Barry. :)
ReplyDeleteLook after yourself, friend.
ReplyDeleteAnd I can't quite picture you reading a fluff book... lol :)
You know me well, my friend. :)
ReplyDeleteGet well soon. There's far too much lung flying these days in Canada without yours adding to the mess! ;)
ReplyDeleteGet well soon! Would agree on most counts with Grizzled. Think a lesser vegetable may be a beetroot? But not sure as I love all vegetables equally. And meat too for that matter.
ReplyDeleteBarbara, Thank you. We'll try our best to keep the projectile lung below the 49th parallel. :)
ReplyDeleteThanks for your well wishes also, Solitary. :)