The video below is funny, but as often with humor there are nuggets of truth there. The video below is funny, but it hints of weightier matters, questions about a simple life, and what do we really need to be happy.... Have a look, and don't worry, it's short. :)
PS Wow, fourth day in a row that I've put a video in a post, that's a record...but the streak will cease. :)
Via Graceful Yoga
Saturday, March 7, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Nuggets of truth? I'd say it's more like boulders!!
ReplyDeleteThat was awesome! Thanks for the laughs...
Loved it...don't know who that guy is though. And I'm far too impatient to wait for the internet to tell me...
ReplyDeletex
Val, you're welcome. :)
ReplyDeleteRachel,
The comedian goes by the name of Louis CK, and the host is Conan O'Brien.
Glad you both loved it. :)
This is why people have always loved a good stand-up comedian -- the jokes are about the absurdities of life. This was truly funny and reminded me why I miss George Carlin so much!!
ReplyDeleteCarlin was a master of critical social commentary wrapped up in uproarious comedy. You'd laugh and laugh and laugh, then scratch your head and say, "He's right, man".
RT,
ReplyDeleteYou're right on the mark about comedy and Carlin. Carlin was one of my all-time favs. Speaking of which, if you haven't been there and seen it already, you should get over to Val's blog and check out a classic Carlin bit she posted. :) It was great to see it again.
My son suggested I watch this same video earlier this week. It is good. Each generation takes so much for granted.
ReplyDeleteI read the title of your post and wrongly thought, gee Forest is stuck in the despair of the world.
ReplyDeleteBut no....
funny and a good laugh. Humour is a good way to show how stupid we humans are and as RT said, the absurdities of life. Loved it all, the phone and the plane bits were so true!
Flandrumhill,
ReplyDeleteSo true. :)
Bella,
Glad I could surprise you with that title. ;)
So true, what Louis CK describes. I would add that whoever we are and in whatever circumstance, we are blessed with life and consciousness of that life! The ability to see ourselves just living life should be the starting point for thankfulness.
ReplyDeleteThanks Northland. :)
ReplyDelete